Georgian Bay Volunteer Search and Rescue is accepting
NEW RECRUIT applications
Applications will be accepted until the end on June 2021 for our
Fall 2021 start.
Are you that special person who is capable of becoming a search and rescue volunteer?
- Someone who is a team player?
- Someone who is a team player who has perseverance?
- Someone who takes on a challenge?
- Someone who has community-focus?
- Someone who has outdoor skills or aptitude?
- Someone who can problem solve?
If you are this type of person, we would like to meet you.
We are a not for profit volunteer search and rescue team based out of Barrie, Ontario. Our mandate is to assist the police in looking for lost individuals.
- Applicants must hold a current valid Standard First Aid Certificate, with CPR level C.
- New Recruits must complete ICS-100 level certification.
- Successful applicants must complete the New Recruit training program.
- New Recruits must participate in GBVSAR Training sessions twice a month.
- New Recruits must actively and regularly participate in GBVSAR Fundraising events.
Applicants for the Spring 2021 class who satisfy basic, established requirements will be contacted for an interview after March 1, 2021.
Please send your completed application to:
Georgian Bay Volunteer Search And Rescue
ATTN: Recruiting Committee
65 Cedar Pointe Rd, Suite 165, Barrie, ON L4N 9R3
Applications are also available at the following locations:
Ontario Provincial Police – Southern Georgian Bay Detachment, Midland, Ontario.
Barrie Police Services, Barrie, Ontario.