Georgian Bay Volunteer Search And Rescue is accepting applications for NEW RECRUITS for SEPTEMBER 2019.
Applications will be accepted until July 15, 2019 for our Fall Class.
Any applications received after July 15 will be considered for our Jan 2020 Class.
Are you that special person who is capable of becoming a search and rescue volunteer?
- Someone who is a team player?
- Someone who is a team player who has perseverance?
- Someone who takes on a challenge?
- Someone who has community-focus?
- Someone who has outdoor skills or aptitude?
- Someone who can problem solve?
If you are this type of person, we would like to meet you.
We are a not for profit volunteer search and rescue team based out of Barrie, Ontario. Our mandate is to assist the police in looking for lost individuals.
- Applicants must hold a current valid Standard First Aid Certificate, with CPR level C.
- New Recruits must complete ICS-100 level certification.
- Successful applicants must complete the New Recruit training program.
- New Recruits must participate in GBVSAR Training sessions twice a month.
- New Recruits must actively and regularly participate in GBVSAR Fundraising events.
Applicants for the Fall 2019 class who satisfy basic, established requirements will be contacted for an interview after August 1, 2018.
Please send your completed application to:
Georgian Bay Volunteer Search And Rescue
ATTN: Recruiting Committee
65 Cedar Pointe Rd, Suite 165, Barrie, ON L4N 9R3
Applications are also available at the following locations:
Ontario Provincial Police – Southern Georgian Bay Detachment, Midland, Ontario.
Midland Police Services, Midland, Ontario.
Barrie Police Services, Barrie, Ontario.