Georgian Bay Volunteer Search And Rescue is Recruiting Members for January 2019
Applications for New Recruits are now being accepted until November 15, 2018 for our Winter 2019 Class.
Any applications received after November 15, 2018 will be considered for our Spring (May) 2019 Class.
Are you that special person who is capable of becoming a search and rescue volunteer?
- Someone who is a team player?
- Someone who has perseverance?
- Someone who takes on a challenge?
- Someone who has community-focus?
- Someone who has outdoor skills or aptitude?
- Someone who can problem solve?
If you are this type of person, we would like to meet you.
We are a not for profit volunteer search and rescue team based out of Barrie, Ontario. Our mandate is to assist the police in looking for lost individuals.
- Applicants must hold a current valid Standard First Aid Certificate, with CPR level C.
- Applicants must complete ICS-100 level certification.
- Applicants must complete the New Recruit training program.
- New Recruits must actively and regularly participate in GBVSAR Training sessions (2x a month both in class and regular field training).
- New Recruits must actively and regularly participate in GBVSAR Fundraising events.
Applicants for the Winter 2019 class who satisfy basic, established requirements will be contacted for an interview
after December 1, 2018.
Please send your completed application to:
Georgian Bay Volunteer Search And Rescue
ATTN: Recruiting Committee
65 Cedar Pointe Rd, Suite 165, Barrie, ON L4N 9R3
Applications are also available at the following locations:
Ontario Provincial Police – Southern Georgian Bay Detachment, Midland, Ontario.
Midland Police Services, Midland, Ontario.
Barrie Police Services, Barrie, Ontario.