Applications are currently not being accepted, but please check back in the summer of 2023.
Are you that special person who is capable of becoming a search and rescue volunteer?
- Someone who is a team player?
- Someone who is a team player who has perseverance?
- Someone who takes on a challenge?
- Someone who has community-focus?
- Someone who has outdoor skills or aptitude?
- Someone who can problem solve?
If you are this type of person, we would like to meet you.
We are a not for profit volunteer search and rescue team based out of Barrie, Ontario. Our mandate is to assist the police in looking for lost individuals.
- Applicants must hold a current valid Standard First Aid Certificate, with CPR level C.
- New Recruits must complete ICS-100 level certification.
- Successful applicants must complete the New Recruit training program.
- New Recruits must participate in GBVSAR Training sessions twice a month.
- New Recruits must actively and regularly participate in GBVSAR Fundraising events.
- Download the PDF version (you can download a free copy of Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website).
- Download the Word document version (use this if you have Microsoft Word installed on your computer).
Please send your completed application to:
Georgian Bay Volunteer Search And Rescue
ATTN: Recruiting Committee
65 Cedar Pointe Dr, Suite 165, Barrie, ON L4N 9R3
Email to: email@example.com