GBVSAR will be holding recruitment information sessions in the fall of 2023. To be considered for the 2024 recruitment class, you must fill out the Recruitment Info Session Form and attend one of these sessions before an application is accepted.
Are you that special person who is capable of becoming a search and rescue volunteer?
- Someone who is a team player?
- Someone who is a team player who has perseverance?
- Someone who takes on a challenge?
- Someone who has community-focus?
- Someone who has outdoor skills or aptitude?
- Someone who can problem solve?
If you are this type of person, we would like to meet you.
We are a not for profit volunteer search and rescue team based out of Barrie, Ontario. Our mandate is to assist the police in looking for lost individuals.
- Applicants must hold a current valid Standard First Aid Certificate, with CPR level C.
- New Recruits must complete ICS-100 level certification.
- Successful applicants must complete the New Recruit training program.
- New Recruits must participate in GBVSAR Training sessions twice a month.
- New Recruits must actively and regularly participate in GBVSAR Fundraising events.